Some of the weirdest religious marketing ideas are collected on "Gadgets for God," part of the Ship of Fools website. The merchandise shows an incredible variety of tastes, including:
• A birdhouse shaped like a church.
• Jewish-interest beer, labeled "He'Brew."
• A toilet seat cover with the slogan "Let My People Go."
• A dispenser of Eucharistic wafers that looks better suited to Pez candies.
• Inflatable churches that serve as hot-air balloons. (Write your own jokes, folks.)
• An blue-green clock shaped like a mosque, with a shrill muezzin's call to prayer as a jarring alarm.
• Narnia bookends: one with Aslan, the other with the White Queen. Depending on whose side you take, I suppose.
While you're there, click the homepage and explore. Ship of Fools has all the droll humor you'd expect of a Christian site out of the U.K.
-- James D. Davis